Our Recent Posts
- Inner WoundsAs the situation in Afghanistan continues to evolve, many veterans have shared they are struggling personally and emotionally. All of us at Home Front Military Network want you to know that you are not alone and there are many resources available. Resources Recommended by the VA: Veterans Crisis Line – Call 1-800-273-8255 and press 1; textContinue reading “Inner Wounds”
- Hire a VetAccording to The Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Unemployment rates for both male and female veterans increased in 2020, reflecting the COVID-19 pandemic. The rate for male veterans was 6.5 percent, little different from the rate of 6.7 percent for female veterans.” Keeping in mind the increase in unemployment among veterans and that July 25th wasContinue reading “Hire a Vet”
- A Path to WellnessIt’s been given many names over the years—shell shock, war neurosis, battle fatigue, etc. Today we know it as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, or PTSD. While PTSD is most commonly associated with military service members and veterans, it can affect anyone who has experienced a traumatic event. Some even stipulate that Odysseus, from Homer’s “TheContinue reading “A Path to Wellness”
- Appreciating Our Military SpousesMay is Military Spouse Appreciation month, and so here at HFMN, we’d like to offer up programs, services, and resources within our Partner Agency Network that aim to help the military and veteran spouses/caregivers of our community. Military spouses serve just as much, albeit in different ways, as our service members, they literally “hold downContinue reading “Appreciating Our Military Spouses”
- Helping the Youth of Our Military FamiliesApril is the Month of the Military Child, and so we’ve asked our partners at Project Sanctuary to share how they’re making a difference in the lives of military families and the unique challenges and successes for these families. WHO IS PROJECT SANCTUARYProject Sanctuary is a national nonprofit headquartered in Granby, Colorado. Founded in 2007Continue reading “Helping the Youth of Our Military Families”
Subscribe today to be notified when HFMN adds a new post!