Our Recent Posts
- Appreciating Our Military SpousesMay is Military Spouse Appreciation month, and so here at HFMN, we’d like to offer up programs, services, and resources within our Partner Agency Network that aim to help the military and veteran spouses/caregivers of our community. Military spouses serve just as much, albeit in different ways, as our service members, they literally “hold downContinue reading “Appreciating Our Military Spouses”
- Helping the Youth of Our Military FamiliesApril is the Month of the Military Child, and so we’ve asked our partners at Project Sanctuary to share how they’re making a difference in the lives of military families and the unique challenges and successes for these families. WHO IS PROJECT SANCTUARYProject Sanctuary is a national nonprofit headquartered in Granby, Colorado. Founded in 2007Continue reading “Helping the Youth of Our Military Families”
- A New Form of Event PlanningThe following article is contributed by HFMN Event Committee member Brent Sabati. If you’ve been involved with philanthropy, non-profits, and charity work, you’re probably familiar with events like fundraising dinners and galas. In the pre-COVID era, many of us would look forward to dressing up and enjoying a night of good food and even betterContinue reading “A New Form of Event Planning”
- Inclusion and Healing Through HorsesThis month, we asked some of our partners to discuss diversity and inclusion—what does diversity and inclusion look like, why is it important, and how are they striving for diversity. The following article was contributed by our partners at StableStrides. Since 1981, StableStrides has partnered with the horse to provide the highest quality physical, emotional,Continue reading “Inclusion and Healing Through Horses”
- Free From Substance AbuseThis month, we are taking a look at the issue of substance abuse and addiction. What are some dangers around substance abuse? How does it affect a person’s life and the lives of those around them—specifically those within our military and veteran community. How do we break the stigma surrounding substance abuse? And what resourcesContinue reading “Free From Substance Abuse”
Subscribe today to be notified when HFMN adds a new post!