Our Recent Posts
- A Path to WellnessIt’s been given many names over the years—shell shock, war neurosis, battle fatigue, etc. Today we know it as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, or PTSD. While PTSD is most commonly associated with military service members and veterans, it can affect anyone who has experienced a traumatic event. Some even stipulate that Odysseus, from Homer’s “TheContinue reading “A Path to Wellness”
- Appreciating Our Military SpousesMay is Military Spouse Appreciation month, and so here at HFMN, we’d like to offer up programs, services, and resources within our Partner Agency Network that aim to help the military and veteran spouses/caregivers of our community. Military spouses serve just as much, albeit in different ways, as our service members, they literally “hold downContinue reading “Appreciating Our Military Spouses”
- Helping the Youth of Our Military FamiliesApril is the Month of the Military Child, and so we’ve asked our partners at Project Sanctuary to share how they’re making a difference in the lives of military families and the unique challenges and successes for these families. WHO IS PROJECT SANCTUARYProject Sanctuary is a national nonprofit headquartered in Granby, Colorado. Founded in 2007Continue reading “Helping the Youth of Our Military Families”
- A New Form of Event PlanningThe following article is contributed by HFMN Event Committee member Brent Sabati. If you’ve been involved with philanthropy, non-profits, and charity work, you’re probably familiar with events like fundraising dinners and galas. In the pre-COVID era, many of us would look forward to dressing up and enjoying a night of good food and even betterContinue reading “A New Form of Event Planning”
- Inclusion and Healing Through HorsesThis month, we asked some of our partners to discuss diversity and inclusion—what does diversity and inclusion look like, why is it important, and how are they striving for diversity. The following article was contributed by our partners at StableStrides. Since 1981, StableStrides has partnered with the horse to provide the highest quality physical, emotional,Continue reading “Inclusion and Healing Through Horses”
Subscribe today to be notified when HFMN adds a new post!