Our Recent Posts
- Together for Mental HealthSeptember is Suicide Prevention Month, and in an effort to promote awareness regarding this very relevant issue, we’re highlighting two of our partners–Mt. Carmel Veterans Service Center and Headstrong. Mt. Carmel offers wellness and employment services to veterans and their families, and Headstrong is known for their military/veteran-specific mental health support groups, counseling and more.Continue reading “Together for Mental Health”
- Inner WoundsAs the situation in Afghanistan continues to evolve, many veterans have shared they are struggling personally and emotionally. All of us at Home Front Military Network want you to know that you are not alone and there are many resources available. Resources Recommended by the VA: Veterans Crisis Line – Call 1-800-273-8255 and press 1; textContinue reading “Inner Wounds”
- Hire a VetAccording to The Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Unemployment rates for both male and female veterans increased in 2020, reflecting the COVID-19 pandemic. The rate for male veterans was 6.5 percent, little different from the rate of 6.7 percent for female veterans.” Keeping in mind the increase in unemployment among veterans and that July 25th wasContinue reading “Hire a Vet”
- A Path to WellnessIt’s been given many names over the years—shell shock, war neurosis, battle fatigue, etc. Today we know it as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, or PTSD. While PTSD is most commonly associated with military service members and veterans, it can affect anyone who has experienced a traumatic event. Some even stipulate that Odysseus, from Homer’s “TheContinue reading “A Path to Wellness”
- Appreciating Our Military SpousesMay is Military Spouse Appreciation month, and so here at HFMN, we’d like to offer up programs, services, and resources within our Partner Agency Network that aim to help the military and veteran spouses/caregivers of our community. Military spouses serve just as much, albeit in different ways, as our service members, they literally “hold downContinue reading “Appreciating Our Military Spouses”
Subscribe today to be notified when HFMN adds a new post!