Our Recent Posts
- A Year in ReviewAs we begin to close the door on 2020, a year for the record books, Home Front Military Network would like to take a moment to reflect on our first year as a merged organization. For HFMN, 2020 was a year of unity, flexibility, resourcefulness, strength, and hope. Unity Two local nonprofits, The Home FrontContinue reading “A Year in Review”
- Self-Care During the HolidaysOther than phrases like “unprecedented” and “social distancing,” self-care has to be one of the most frequently used words for the year of 2020. And for good reason! We are living through a time of unforeseen anxiety, uncertainty, and isolation—and that’s not including the annual stressors of the holiday season. To maintain strong mental health,Continue reading “Self-Care During the Holidays”
- Veterans and GardensThe following blog article was contributed by our friends at the Bruce McCandless Veterans Community Living Center. To learn more about this community living center, click here. Last spring, in the middle the 2020 quarantine, veterans and staff at Bruce McCandless Veterans Community Living Center at Florence (located 30 miles south of Colorado Springs) joinedContinue reading “Veterans and Gardens”
- Protective FactorsThe following article was contributed by Duane France, Director of Veteran Services at Family Care Center Colorado Springs. His military background and professional experience as a clinical mental health counselor make him a very qualified spokesperson on suicide prevention. It should also be noted that in 2019, Duane was selected as El Paso County VeteranContinue reading “Protective Factors”
- Back to School in 2020The question of homeschool versus public education used to be a mock argument students would have in debate class. This fall, it is a far more serious issue for our community. Though back-to-school 2020 is complicated, the reason for this year’s education reform is simple—COVID-19. In March, school districts, daycares, and universities started closing one-by-oneContinue reading “Back to School in 2020”
Subscribe today to be notified when HFMN adds a new post!